Terms & Conditions
Refer a Friend Mountain Bike Competition
Last Updated: 18 Feb 2022
These are the terms and conditions of the Maidstone Leisure Centre prize draw for the Cannondale Mountain Bike and extra free month when you refer a friend competition:
- The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people aged 18 and over who successfully refer a friend to Maidstone Leisure Centre.
- Entry into the competition is only valid when the first Direct Debit is received from bank of member referred or a paid in full fee is paid on a swim or health and fitness membership between 14th February 2022 – 14th March 2022.
- Employees, agencies or family members of Maidstone Leisure Centre or Maidstone Leisure Trust or Serco, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and are eligible to claim the prize you may win.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Serco accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry will not be considered as proof of receipt.
- The closing date of the Prize Draw is 14th March 2022. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on 1st April 2022.
- The winner will receive one-month free membership in addition to their month free as standard for successfully referring a friend to Maidstone Leisure Centre and a Cannondale Trail 5 Hardtail Mountain Bike. For Direct Debit payers, the free month will be applied in April 2022 and for pay in full members it will be added to the end of the contract term.
- The winners will be notified by email or phone within a month after the prize draw is held. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Serco shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited, and Serco shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The name and country of the winner can be obtained after 1st April 2022 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Customer Insight Manager, Serco Leisure, Lancer House, 38 Scudamore road, Leicester, LE3 1UB.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Serco accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. Serco further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
- Serco reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control.
- The decision of Serco in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Cannondale Trail 5 Hardtail Mountain Bike has to be collected in person from Maidstone Leisure Centre. It can not be delivered in any way to the winner of the competition.
- The Prize draw is run by Serco Leisure Operating Limited, Lancer House, 38 Scudamore road, Leicester, LE3 1UB.
Maidstone Leisure Centre Refer a Friend terms and conditions:
- The Promoter is Serco Leisure Operating Limited (company number: 04687478), Lancer House, 38 Scudamore Road, Leicester, LE3 1UQ
as the managing agent of Maidstone Leisure Centre.
- The Refer a Friend Promotion will run from 24th May 2021 but may be withdrawn or amended at any time and without notice.
- To be eligible for entry you must be a current paying health and fitness member either by Direct Debit or a paid in full membership (excludes lessons and casual users).
- Not applicable to Serco Leisure Operating Ltd employees.
- No cash alternatives given.
- To participate in the Refer a Friend promotion you must ensure your friend informs the centre staff team at time of joining. We are unable to backdate a referral entry.
- You can refer as many friends as you like. A friend is any friend, family member or other member of the public, provided they are aged 16 or over and a UK resident.
- Referred members who cancel their membership within 14 days or default with their initial monthly payment will not qualify you for a referral.
- The free month will be applied following your friends first successful Direct Debit payment (or on completion of pay in full payment).
- Serco Leisure Operating Ltd apply the free month, this can’t be determined or selected by the member.
- This offer doesn’t apply to all memberships.
- The new member can’t have been a previous member within 6 months of the referral.
- Serco Leisure Operating Ltd have the final decision on any discount/referral offer given.
- In order to make a qualifying entry your Friend must:
- Sign up to a monthly Direct Debit or paid in full annual membership.
- Inform the member of staff that they have been referred to join the centre. The staff member will then complete the required form that creates the entry.
- Successfully pay their first pro rata payment and first month Direct Debit.
- Comply with our membership Terms & Conditions.